Monday 13 October 2014

Crunchtober 2014 Day 4

An Omission is not exactly a lie


Ace yawned and stretched his arm over the naked woman lying next to him. His head still ached from the after party last night. He peaked an eye open and cupped the woman’s breast. Yup, it had been a good night. Too bad he couldn't remember any of it.

He rolled over and looked at the other naked girl. He liked the look of this one. He made a mental note to tell the roadies to let this one stick around for a few cities. He sat up and noticed the naked man lying on the other side of her. “Well, that’s new.” He shrugged.

Ace crawled out of the bed, stumbling across the suite to the bathroom. He was shaking off the last of his sleep when he heard the front door open. “We’re good on fresh towels but we could do with a new set of sheets.”

He came out of the bathroom not finding room service but Allison standing in the middle of the bedroom jaw open in a mix of terror and disgust.

“Now Duckie, it’s not what you think. Well, it could be what you think but I can explain.”

Allison turned to face him. He thought he could actually see fire in her eyes. “You told me you weren’t like other rockers. You told me I could trust you.”

He took her by the arm and led her into the living room. “Really Love, it’s not like that, it was after a show and-“

“Don’t just stop. I don’t want to hear it. I didn’t sign up for a circus.” Her face went green “Oh, God, am I going to need to get tested?”

“Nah…well, it might be a good idea. You see, I’m sick baby, I have this drinking problem and there were some drugs but it’s mostly the drinking. I can’t even remember those girl’s names…”

She shook her head and started to walk away. “I don’t need this train wreck.  How often? How many times did you screw some groupie and lie to me?”

Ace opened and closed his eyes a few times. “Well I wouldn’t so much call it lying as just not saying anything the next day.” He reached out to her. “Come on Duckie. You and me, we’re really good together. I’ve been a bad bad boy…”

“Get away from me!” She pushed him. It wasn’t a very hard push but he wasn’t very sober. He tripped, hitting his head on the corner of the hotel end table.

He didn’t know how long he had been out but he dreamed deeply in his hospital bed. He dreamt of women and laurel trees. Of hunting in the forest with a girl he had never seen but who was an extension of himself. He dreamt of danger and deceit, of lives that he couldn’t have possibly have lived. They all washed over him, one giant wave after another.


He opened his eyes and looked around the sterile empty hospital room. There was nothing, no flowers, no balloons, no crying fans at his bedside. Just an old man in a suit. “Hello Apollo. So nice of you to finally join us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment